Friday, September 30, 2011

Interview with Photographer Yasir Nisar - Max Loxton

Tell us a little bit about yourself?

I am a photographer who love to capture the beauty of the world through the Lens; I began like a lot of others with a easy camera as a student with photos from class travels and holidays. I started delving into photography in my early teens and till then there is no stopping way. Although I've taken pictures and enjoyed it since I was a teenager, since sometime 2006, it has become something more than that.
Photography is a serious passion for me and I love traveling and am trying to capture the beauty of Pakistan and its culture through my lens eyes.
Shahjahani Masjid, Thatta

Did you join any particular school to study photography?

I never went to school to learn photography, but I experienced life and learnt from it. I shot tons of film and digital media and spent countless hours on the internet. I learned from books, people, the internet and foreign magazines. I've been influenced by all those amateurs who are working all over the world and doing some excellent work promoting their parts of the world. I am totally infatuated and impressed with their efforts and hence trying to do the same in Pakistan.

Muizenberg, Cape Town
Alone in Skardu Desert

Concentration

How long have you been a photographer?

Although I've taken pictures and enjoyed it since I was a teenager, it was in late 2005 when I stumbled upon the digital camera and started photography once again. I visited the northern areas and shot some photographs, and from then on my interest in photography started again. In 2006, I took up photography seriously and started working towards a cause, to negate the negative image of Pakistan in front of the whole world. Now, photography is a serious passion for me and I am doing so for an aim. I love traveling and have done a lot of trekking and traveling in pursuit of this aim.

Could you please describe your style of work?

I love to photograph sports, culture and landscapes and that is what my style of work is all about.

Can you share some of your recent work?

Sure, My recent work has been regularly been uploaded at my FB Page:

www.flickr.com/yasirnisar

https://www.facebook.com/yasirphotography

Rhodes Statue in UCT

the fun begins
Which camera you prefer to shoot with?

I am mostly a Canon digital user and I am using Canon 5d Mark II, Canon 1d Mark III and Canon 7D these days.

If you had to choose one lens which one would it be and why?

I can't choose a single lens as it depends seriously on the type of photography that I am doing. But I love the Canon 17-40 f4 as it is a great lens for landscapes.

Which editing tool do you prefer?

Adobe Photoshop CS5

How important is Photoshop in your final image making?

Not much, I don't like to process my photos much. I just use it for basic adjustments like curves, levels, contrast and nothing more.

What was your most memorable and inspiring assignment for you and why?

I love each and every assignment that I do; because I try not to repeat myself. But I think camping in Deosai and waiting for brown bears in extreme cold weather is something that I always remember and cherish vividly.


In memory of the departed dear
Sand Dunes in Fire
What would be your dream position in photography?

I am already in my dream position, I shoot as it is a passion and not as I am forced into image making. I love to photograph and that is what am doing and will continue doing.

What is your favorite recent image you have shot recently? Can you describe its creation in regards to location, lighting, composition, camera settings etc., also your thoughts when creating the image and what it means to you?

I was just shooting in Neelum Valley last week and I always love the early morning clouds which come down after the late night rain and they make a stunning image. I loved shooting them in the early morning light.

What you desire to capture?

I wanna capture the Pushkar Camel festival in India one day. This has always been something that I want to shoot.

Badshahi Masjid
Madhoo Lal Hussain Urs
Lahore Fort
We know that each of us has someone or something, which inspires our life and work. Can you tell us what inspired you a lot?

I read a lot of biographies and take a lot of inspiration from the successful persons. And one thing is common in all the great people and that is complete dedication and hard work. Luck does matter but nothing can beat the constant hardwork and dedication. It is not possible to get success without all these factors.

Is there anything you would have done differently during your photographic career, And what was that?

I don't think so that I have done anything different in my career. I just set my goals and have followed them all those years without looking back.

Something special which you think you need to achieve?

Yes there are a lot of things but they are secret.

Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?

A better photographer than what I am today.




Noor Mehal
Bokaap
How can we find you on internet?

www.flickr.com/yasirnisar

https://www.facebook.com/yasirphotography

1 comment: